Hey everyone! Parallel just wrapped up the GB cycle for Portal, and I’m thankful for all who took interest and helped the project happen.
Sequence is a spin-off model from Portal which uses its same layout and mounting. 100% of Portal plates and PCBs can be used with it. The board is being offered as a “half-kit” (everything but the PCB), as to provide a cheaper base option to those who picked up multiple Portal add-ons. Add-on “Universal 65% PCBs” are available, which work with these two models, as well as possible others in the future.
The goal with Sequence is to offer an attractive, modern, anodized unibody o-ring board at a lower price point. Inspiration comes from some of my favorite products over time, shown here. Many of these I thought looked awesome as a youth and think still look great today.
Specs and timelines:
- Model: Sequence 65%, by Parallel
- Mounting: gasket o-ring (gummy worm)
- Typing angle: 6 degrees
- Front height: 17.5mm
- Weight: > ~3 lbs built (12% heavier than Portal)
- Pre-Order price: $190 for half-kit
- - includes, Sequence body, FR4 plate, daughterboard, JST cable, SKUF Lite feet, 35A o-ring, and custom 65% EVA case with zipper and handle (fits most standard 65%s and 60%s)
- Pre-Order Solder PCBs are $35, and HS PCBs are $45 - both support variable layouts
- Various extras/add-ons are available
- Full plate options: FR4, aluminum, carbon fiber, polycarbonate
- Anodized color options: silver, dark gray, black, navy, blue-gray, and green
- E-coated color options: white and lavender
- Units available: Between 40 and 100 of each color
- Pre-order starts: today
- Target for customer shipping: April 5, 2022 (possibly sooner)
- The boards, EVA cases, plates, o-rings, and feet have all been produced and are in-hand currently.
- The PCBs, daughterboards, and JST cables are nearing completion with expected delivery late March, hence the shorter turnaround time.
- Once all parts are in-hand, we’ll transition from Pre-Order to In-Stock, until units are sold through.
- Various streams, videos, and reviews are in the works, from community members new and veteran. Reach out if you create awesome content and want to cover Sequence!
- We ship worldwide, and local pick-up will be available from our new shop in the Mission District of San Francisco, CA.
Brad // Parallel